Choosing the right influencers for your brand
So you’ve decided to invest in influencer marketing but, how do you choose the right influencers for your brand?
Although it is partly a numbers game, don’t just go for those who have the biggest. Chances are their following might not be the exact target demographic you’re looking for.
There was an article on the Ad Week website recently about working with micro-influencers (those with a following of 30,000 or less) and they found that they deliver a 60% higher rate of engagement over the course of a campaign than that of a larger influencer.
Micro-influencers tend to directly interact with their following much more than those who have celebrity sized accounts. A fan/follower feels more like they are talking to a friend than a big star and will be influenced more by their opinion and will be more likely to purchase the product they are promoting during any given campaign.
These are just some of the points which should be considered when choosing influencers to work with:
- Unique and authentic content across all the platforms in which they work
- Engagement – e.g. comments on their blog, likes and comments on Instagram, retweets, comments on their YouTube videos etc.
- Also look for return engagement – e.g. do they response to their following? Do they answer questions asked
- Style – are their blogs well written and in a tone of voice which fits with your brand
- Niche – does their style and content fit with your brand
- Demographic – do they fit within the age demographic of the potential customers you’re trying to reach?
Still need a hand with choosing the right influencers for your brand? Let us know as we can help